BlueScreenView is a simple and freeware application which gives Windows users some insight into what caused the infamous blue screen of death.
BlueScreenView will give you access to and display a human-readable version of the dump that is placed on your hard drive. This is perfect for giving both novice and intermediate users insight and ideas as to what caused the issue that so suddenly made your computer shut down with the BSOD.
Some issues are caused by hardware failure and some are simply things that certain software applications tried to do which was immediately halted by Windows or simply made your system crash.
Sometimes, the Blue Screen of Death is caused by outdated drivers and other times it is because your hardware is failing. This application will help you make that determination.
Features and highlights
- Automatically scans your current minidump folder and displays the list of all crash dumps, including crash dump date/time and crash details.
- Allows you to view a blue screen which is very similar to the one that Windows displayed during the crash.
- BlueScreenView enumerates the memory addresses inside the stack of the crash, and find all drivers/modules that might be involved in the crash.
- BlueScreenView also allows you to work with another instance of Windows, simply by choosing the right mini-dump folder (In Advanced Options).
- BlueScreenView automatically locate the drivers appeared in the crash dump, and extract their version resource information, including product name, file version, company, and file description.
BlueScreenView 1.55 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from hardware diagnostic software without restrictions. BlueScreenView 1.55 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.